[peruser] peruser with mod_ssl and different ServerEnvironment hangs

Jordan Tomkinson jordan at moodle.com
Tue Sep 6 02:40:06 MDT 2011

Hi list,

Im using Apache 2.2.0 with Peruser 0.4.0rc2 compiled in and having trouble
with ssl vhosts
I use a wildcard ssl certificate for *.mydomain.tld with virtualhost entries
for different subdomains.

something like:

<VirtualHost x.x.x.x:443>
  ServerName sub1.mydomain.tld
  SSLEngine On
  SSLCertificateFile /path/to/my/wildcard.crt
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /path/to/my/wildcard.key
  KeepAlive on
  DocumentRoot /path/to/mydomain/sub1/html

  <IfModule peruser.c>
    <Processor apache-ssl>
      User apache
      Group apache
    </Processor>
    ServerEnvironment apache-ssl
  </IfModule>

</VirtualHost>

Repeating for sub2, sub3, sub4 of .mydomain.tld etc..

This all works fine when each vhost is using the same ServerEnvironment, but
this means I cannot Chroot vhosts into unique directories.
When I change the ServerEnvironment, apache hangs on the connection with
nothing being written to the error_log

I originally thought this was related to
http://www.peruser.org/trac/peruser/ticket/2 but perhaps I'm wrong.

Any ideas??

Regards,

Jordan Tomkinson