[peruser] Patch for busy servers

Stefan Seufert stefan at seuf.de
Thu Jan 6 03:36:31 MST 2011

Hi,

> I'm using your configuration without these error messages. Can you help me to reproduce this problem?

Just a theory without having looked at the source code: When the master
process collects child processes after receiving a SIG_CHILD it frees
the slots on the global score board which afaik also contains the
startup time of the process. If the time span between startup and
collection of a process exceeds a certain threshold than the message is
printed. Because peruser has some very long running child processes
(i.e. multiplexers) the warning is printed when these processes exit due
to the restart.

Someone shoud grep the apache source code for the error message and
confirm this theory. If its true than it might be sufficient to
regularly update the time on the score board...

Just mit 2 cents,

Stefan