[peruser] Patch for busy servers

Janno Sannik janno at kood.ee
Tue Jan 4 08:30:48 MST 2011

Graceful seems to be really broken.
after 4 days of use we have ~100 000 lines in error_log stating:
[Sat Jan 01 23:12:52 2011]  [warn] long lost child came home! (pid 32616).
This happens right after graceful restart.

The new peruser was installed 31 dec. and graceful restart was done few
hours later. 4 days later there were no new graceful restarts or regular
restarts.
Yesterday the apache hung and wasn't responding anymore.

We have ~150 vhosts.

Janno
DataCode OY