[peruser] Peruser 0.4.0 beta 1

Nathan Phillip Brink ohnobinki at ohnopublishing.net
Mon Mar 15 22:48:55 MDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 10:46:35PM +0100, Andrew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The multiplexer problem occurred when I'd set a Processor with the
> same user/group as the main Apache user/group. A solution is to simply
> never set a processor with the same user/group.

I had this same problem. I didn't notice any segfaults in the multiplerxors, but when I had a Processor's user and group match the httpd.conf User and Group directives, that processor would very quickly stop responding. Thanks for this suggestion to use a different user/group. I changed the User and Group directives in httpd.conf to nobody:nobody and now everything works snappily :-)

Andrew, do you know if this particular issue has been fixed in the newer releases? (I'm still on 0.4.0b1 and upgrading would be a bit of a hassle, but if fixes are promised I'll try it ;-) ). If r61 hasn't fixed this bug for you, I don't see how it would help me.

Is anyone willing to prove that using the same user/group combo for the the multiplexor and a Processor works?

--
ohnobinki

Look out for missing apostrophes!