[peruser] Problem with forbidden access to server with chroot

aguytech aguytech at free.fr
Wed Jan 27 10:10:05 MST 2010

I found and I give you the answer (solution ?).

Thanks to Alexey Vlasov renton at 1gb.ru (object "chroot and peruser" of 01/12/2007 who give one step of solution with his problem of additionnal folders for user path.

In my configuration I put correct home folder of user in definition of of user, this is a need for "chrooting" with ssh & sftp
- in my system the user "test" have the path "/home/test"
When I'm connect to server throw sftp the user is "chrooted" in their home folder.

For chroot option in processor directive I've written the good folder "/home/test" for user "test"
<Processor test>
  User test
  Group test
  Chroot /home/test
</Processor>

Apache server start correctly with found a correct path : "/home/test" but this one is MAY BE added with path of user "test" and I need to put root path tio keep a good one :

<Processor test>
  User test
  Group test
  Chroot /
</Processor>

And it works ! You can also put "Chroot ."

The inconvenient is in the page of status, only the path given in chroot option is show : "/"

may be this helps sombody, Salem.