[peruser] Problem with forbidden access to server with chroot

aguytech aguytech at free.fr
Wed Jan 27 05:14:34 MST 2010

Hello,

I used peruser on gentoo with apache 2.2.14-r1

My configuration for virtualhost are :

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /home/test/public_html
<IfModule mpm_peruser_module>
<Processor test>
User test
Group test
#Chroot /home/test
</Processor>
ServerEnvironment test
</IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

it's work fine BUT when I uncomment option "Chroot /home/test" in directive processor, apache don't whant to serve any pages & return an error 403 "Forbidden" ???

- apache server runs with apache:apache
- rights on /home/test/* is well 770 for test:test

I've tried :
<Processor test>
User apache
Group test
#Chroot /home/test
</Processor>
with rights 770 on /home/test for apache:test
it's ddoesn't change anything ???

Anybody have any explanations ?? problem comes from my configuration or is a bug from peruser ??
Thaks for all ;)