[peruser] PHP file open problem

Tolga tolga at sh.com.tr
Mon Dec 7 02:12:37 MST 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm using peruser mpm in one of our web server (~950 vhosts). Our problem is
some vhost has problems with file operations ( php foopen() file() ).

Whenever occurred this situation  apache didn't write anything to access_log
and anything  appeared on browser

I modify some limits.conf stuff but it didn't solve anything. (I doublecheck
limit status from  /proc/_PID_/limits )

I modify root , apache and vhosts's users to nofile 8192 but problem still
happens.

I'm using httpd-2.2.14-peruser-0.4rc1.patch
<http://www.peruser.org/trac/projects/peruser/attachment/wiki/PeruserAttachm
ents/httpd-2.2.14-peruser-0.4rc1.patch?format=raw>  on Debian Lenny 32bit
(my own compiled binaries)