[peruser] mailing list

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Sat Aug 29 13:10:50 MDT 2009

Sean Gabriel Heacock wrote at 11:25 AM (-0600) on 8/29/09:

>Now that we have forums set up at peruser.org, we're considering
>discontinuing the mailing list.  I've set up a poll on the main page
>where you can vote on whether we should keep it or not.

Since I'm a lurker and not an active participant, my vote is
inconsequential, but I will voice for the record that I loathe web-based
"forums" and so I voted (anonymously) in favour of the mailing list.
(The mailing list has allowed me to keep an eye on all discussions
passively.  Web-based message boards require active effort on behalf of
the participant to stay informed, which most of the time isn't worth the
effort and overhead, so I always shed a tear for these "kill mailing
list and replace with web" trends that are happening more and more frequently)

-b

--
Ben Kennedy (chief magician)
zygoat creative technical services