[peruser] Status of peruser and other questions

Benedikt Böhm hollow at gentoo.org
Fri Aug 28 01:59:59 MDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 03:05:18PM -0700, Ben Kennedy wrote:
> cal at foxwhisper.co.uk wrote at 5:53 PM (-0400) on 8/27/09:
>
> >Hey just a quickie, I don't mind putting myself forward for package
> >maintenance into distros etc.. Let me know if its needed :)
>
> Hear hear!  I've been following peruser for several years, with the
> intent to deploy it on my gentoo server, but frankly have never gotten
> around to it -- mainly because I like to just emerge and haven't been
> able to justify spending the time keeping up with patches

persuer MPM has been available in gentoo for years. i have always
maintained up-to-date peruser patches for gentoo, and the latest ebuilds
even have a use flag for the dc branch, so what exactly do you mean by
'keeping up with patches'?

> Does anybody else on this list use gentoo?

Yes, i use it, and i also maintain the apache ebuilds.

It is really great to hear some progress from the peruser community to
make the 'fusion' release. great job and thanks a lot for all your work
:)

Greetings,
Benedikt