[peruser] New peruser website and SVN

stefan.klingner at mephisto23.com stefan.klingner at mephisto23.com
Fri Aug 28 00:39:42 MDT 2009

GREAT! We have done the first step :)

>Hehe, no, it's not a joke - I haven't been able to spare much attention
>for the project in years.  We need someone who can be around to manage
>patches and make releases, etc.

I will to this if everyone agree.

> A forum would be simple enough to set up.  Any recommendations?

phpBB - we should integrate it with a link into trac. what is about the
mailing list. would we keep it up or should we migrate fully to the new
forum when it is ready. i think this will be the best.

> Taavi, Stefan, and I have admin privs and can create other trac admins.

Could you please send me the login details? :)

I just want to try to find out who can support the project in which way. As
written in the replys before, ...

- Andrew - time/moderation/etc
- Cal - package maintenance into distros etc (Fedora)
- Ben - packaging guy (Gentoo)

I can add the debian and ubuntu packages. It would be hard to integrate as
long as some apache dependent packages do not register peruser, but i think
it is possible.

If anyone else will contribute, please let me know how. Who is developing
the patch besides Sean and Taavi? Would be usefull to know the active
developers of an opensource project :)

We also need people who test the project in a documented way to ensure a
basic stability for further releases. Who wants to do this beside me?

> I'm still playing around with the trac features.  I don't see in much in
> the way of file uploads except this "attachments" feature - I attached
> the 0.3.0 patch to the main page.  Maybe we can use that to handle
> distributing binary packages as well.

What do you think about an own repo for peruser? it is easy to setup for
debian and ubuntu. i dont know how difficult it is for rpm based system or
gentoo. Can someone tell me mor about this or would be able to do this job?

I think the next steps sould be...

- 0.4.0 release
- documentation + howtos + faq
- first packages for different distros
- repos if wanted
- feature collection and bug fixing for next release

What do you think about that?

Regards,

Stefan