[peruser] Status of peruser and other questions

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Thu Aug 27 12:48:58 MDT 2009

Taavi Sannik wrote:
> Just for all of you to know, Sean contacted me last week and asked if I
> want to become the maintainer of this project. At that time, I did, but
> due to unforeseen circumstances, I will be gone in a month and will
> return in a year - I may be able to have a peek in the mailing lists in
> the mean time, but that's it. So unfortunately I cannot accept this
> position, but it seems that Stefan is a good candidate for a new
> maintainer :).

Ah, sorry to hear you'll be having to leave for a while.  Stefan, do you
want the job? :)

> This still leaves us with one problem and that is project hosting. I
> think Sean wouldn't mind if we move it to somewhere else (I personally
> would prefer Google Code, but we must upgrade peruser license to Apache
> Software License 2.0 to host there). I just hope Sean comes around and
> has the time to accept this and forward the old peruser page to a new
> one. Any ideas on this one is greatly appreciated.

I'm fine with the license change and hosting at google - I'm also okay
with continuing to host the project on my server, I was going to set up
an account just for peruser so I can give people more access to the web
page and trac configuration.  But google works too, and I can keep
running the mailing list.

> I am currently working on a 0.4.0 release which would include the dc3
> patch, the freebsd 7.2 fixes and other bugfixes. I will also try to
> squeeze in the SSL NameVirtualhost patch and better configuration
> validation. Hopefully I will get it ready by the end of the week.

Looking forward to trying it out! :)