[peruser] 0.0.0.0 addresses showing up in logs, related to ipv6

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Fri Sep 28 02:28:11 MDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 14:27 +0300, Rommer wrote:
> You right, here. Looks like a sendmsg/recvmsg (SCM_RIGHTS) bug at
> pass_socket()/pass_request() -> receive_from_multiplexer().
> You can try my patch. It's working for me.

I reproduced the bug on my test machine finally (not sure why I couldn't
the last time I tried, it was simple enough) and the patch works for me
too.  I loaded the ipv6 kernel module and restarted apache and it still
works, but I'm not sure if that's enough to trigger the ipv6 problem.

I've uploaded new patches to test, I made one for 2.0.61 too.  They
include the KeepAlive patch that was going to be in 0.2.3.  If there
aren't any problems they'll be the official 0.3.0 release.

http://www.telana.com/files/httpd-2.0.61-peruser-0.3.0.patch
http://www.telana.com/files/httpd-2.2.3-peruser-0.3.0.patch

You guys have been doing some fantastic work - I think we need an
AUTHORS file :)