[peruser] peruser and mass virtual hosting

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Fri Dec 21 15:15:11 MST 2007

Alex Guerra wrote:
> I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion on how to do
> mass virtual hosting with peruser using one user per vhost. The standard solutions (
> mod_vhost_alias, etc.) handle the http request too late to specify a specific
> SO user. Maybe it must be integrated into peruser itself?

I'm not sure how to go about making peruser function with a pure
mod_vhost_alias setup, it would take some major changes to peruser, if
it's even possible.  I use mod_vhost_alias in conjuction with regular
<VirtualHost> sections, basically for dynamic subdomains.  But I still
have to have apache do a graceful restart when a domain is added.