[peruser] Re: Problem with reverseproxy configuration

Samuel Degrande Samuel.Degrande at lifl.fr
Mon Nov 20 04:35:03 MST 2006

Nobody replied me, so I did continue to investigate my problem.
I added some debugging info in mod_rewrite and mod_proxy
What I've found is that mod_proxy send the rewrittent request,
but it doesn't get any reply... See in the following test, I inserted those
new logs....

Samuel Degrande wrote:
> Hello.
>
> First of all, I would like to thank you a lot for this Apache MPM which
> is what I really
> need to protect my SVN repositories.
> ( and secondly, excuse me for my bad english, I'm only a poor french :-( )
>
> However I have a problem with my configuration. Here is an extract of my
> current
> test config :
>
> ### Section 1: Global Environment
> KeepAlive Off
> Multiplexer www www
> Processor www www
> Processor svn svn
> ### VHost : host
> <VirtualHost host.lifl.fr:80>
>     ServerEnvironment www www
>     ServerName host.lifl.fr:80
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteRule ^/test-svn/(.*) http://svnhost.lifl.fr/test-svn/$1 [P]
>     RewriteRule ^/test-svn http://.fr/test-svn.lifl.fr/ [P]
> </VirtualHost>
> ### VHost : svnhost
> <VirtualHost svnhost.lifl.fr:80>
>     ServerEnvironment svn svn
>     DocumentRoot /....
>     ServerName svnhost.lifl.fr:80
>     ErrorLog var/logs/svnhost-error_log
>     CustomLog var/logs/svnhost-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Now, here is my problem :
> - access to http://host.lifl.fr/index.html is OK
> - access to http://svnhost.lifl.fr/test-svn/index.html is OK
> - access to http://host.lifl.fr/test-svn/index.html (which is rewritten
> in http://svnhost.lifl.fr/test-svn/index.html) is not working
>  (the connection is closed, but nothing is returned to the web browser)
>
> With the classical Apache MPM, everything is fine.
>
> In svnhost-access_log, there is a "GET /test-svn/index.html HTTP1/1" 200 90
> So the rewriting and the internal request to the svnhost vhost seems to
> be handled correctly.
>
> I did compile peruser with debug mode activated.
> I will not copy here the whole trace which is really big, but here is
> what happens :
>
> MULTIPLEXER 0 gets a request for host.lifl.fr/...
> child#0 activates child#1
> PROCESSOR 1 (child#1) gets the request for host.lifl.fr/...

   mod_rewrite does its job
   mod_proxy is called
   mod_proxy open a new connection
   mod_proxy send the request

> MULTIPLEXER 0 (child#0) gets a request for svnhost.lifl.fr/....
>        (so I guess that child#1 rewrote the first request, and launched
> an internal new request)
> child#0 activates child#2, and calls make_child()
> child#1 calls just_die()
> PROCESSOR 2 (child#2) gets the request for svnhost.lifl.fr/...
> child#2 clones itself into child#3
> child#0 calls make_child()
> child#2 calls just_die()
> WORKER 3 (child#3) calls listen_add()
> child#0 gets the signal from child#2 being died
> child#3 calls just_die()
> and that's all, child#0 returns in standby state

but mod_proxy never gets a reply....

--
Samuel Degrande           LIFL - UMR8022 CNRS - INRIA Futurs - Bat M3
Phone: (33)3.28.77.85.30  USTL - Universite de Lille 1