[peruser] peruser and php

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Mon Apr 10 13:45:18 MDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 21:35 +0200, Marc Knaup wrote:
> I'm currently using 4 multiplexers - it's another problem. When the problem
> occurrs, mod_status shows, that a vhost-specific thread is in the mode
> "sending reply" (and does not return from this state) - the vhosts's user is
> the user, for which the server stops responding to requests. If I kill this
> thread, apache creates a new thread for this user, but the new thread will
> continue to stay in "sending reply"-mode. After restarting the whole server
> the problem is gone.

That's interesting... does it do that with just one multiplexer too?  It
sounds like this is a different problem than the missing Host: header
requests.  I've never seen a worker process stuck in the "sending reply"
mode like that.

Can you try recompiling with the #define MPM_PERUSER_DEBUG uncommented
at the top of peruser.c?  I'd like to see what the debugging output
(which will go to your httpd error_log) says when this problem happens.