[peruser] interesting peruser problem

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Tue Apr 4 16:41:45 MDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 16:24 -0400, Severn wrote:
> It doesn't segfault at the senv enymore.. instead it does this--

> [Switching to Thread 182919131456 (LWP 22254)]

How is your Listen directive set up?  "Listen 80" or does it specify an
IP?  It looks like the code it's crashing on is what's responsible for
the "0.0.0.0" some people see in their logs if they don't bind to a
specific IP (I can't reproduce this, unfortunately).  Maybe the same
workaround will help in your situation.

So try "Listen xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80" if it's not like that already.  If
you need to bind to multiple IPs you can still do that with multiple
Listens.

> If I enable MPM_PERUSER_DEBUG however, *sock is 0x0 and everything
> seems to work fine... (how the heck does turning on debug affect
> pointers?)

Yeah I'm hitting the same thing (a "heisenbug" ;) trying to figure out
what's crashing during the automatic die-off phase... normally it
segfaults, but not with debugging on... unfortunately my gdb kung fu is
NOT strong :(