[peruser] Multiple simultaneous connections issues

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Tue Apr 4 04:10:20 MDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 07:52 +0100, Stefan Seufert wrote:
> To replicate this behaviour we need to have a dynamic pool of
> multiplexer processes, similar to the pool of workers.

Hehe, I just tried adding a second "Multiplexer nobody nobody" line in
my config, and what do you know, there are two apache processes running
as "nobody" :)  I was able to telnet to port 80 and still request a web
page.  If I had two telnet sessions going, it was blocked as expected.

I just set up three Multiplexer lines in my live server config, and so
far so good.  If no problems crop up, I think all this needs is a
"NumMultiplexers" config directive.  For now I'm just going to make it
spawn the specified number of multiplexer processes, later on we can
decide if it's desirable/necessary for it to do dynamic startup/dieoff.