[peruser] Multiple simultaneous connections issues

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Sun Apr 2 18:27:07 MDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 20:58 +0100, Stefan Seufert wrote:
> Sean, is that a configuration issue? Are you running a different server?
> Or is that the pound proxy you are using which makes it work for your
> server?

I'm running peruser 0.2.0 - it is indeed the Pound proxy that's masking
the problem on my server.  If I telnet to the IP that apache listens on,
it hangs as described.

> Given the apache process model the easiest solution might be to allow
> multiple multiplexers. But that of course will introduce some new
> process management/locking issues.

Multiple multiplexers would probably be a good idea regardless, for
performance... but even if there's say, five muxes running, wouldn't it
just take five Host-less requests instead of one to DoS the server?