[peruser] interesting peruser problem

Stefan Seufert stefan at seuf.de
Sat Apr 1 02:05:41 MST 2006

Hey Severn,

thanks for the detailed error report and for all the hassle with the gdb
debugging. This area is Sean's area of expertise and I'm sure he'll
comment on that soon but I noticed another thing:

> gdb --args httpd -X
> [Fri Mar 31 21:25:43 2006] [warn] NameVirtualHost 208.101.23.81:443
> <http://208.101.23.81:443> has no VirtualHosts
> [...]

- NameVirtualHost will not work for SSL hosts (port 443) since SSL
doesn't support name based hosting.

- Even if you remove the NameVirtualHost directive you still do not have
 a VirtualHost for this IP/Port combination. I can reproduce SegFaults
in this case. (I.e. Listening on port 443 but not having any VHosts
defined.) Try ading a Vhost for port 443. Here are the important parts
from my httpd.conf:

---
[...]
Multiplexer nobody nobody
Processor vhost1 vhost1
Processor vhost2 vhost2
[...]
# KeepAlive *MUST* be set to off
KeepAlive Off
# Specify an IP here to avoid the 0.0.0.0 problem (if you have it)
Listen 80
Listen 443
[...]
<VirtualHost *:80>