[peruser] Performance Issues preventing Production Use

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Tue Mar 29 12:12:53 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 10:56 -0800, Fat Bear Development wrote:
> I see in the peruser_cmds[] array:
>
> AP_INIT_TAKE1("ExpireTimeout", set_expire_timeout, NULL, RSRC_CONF,
>               "Maximum idle time before a child is killed, 0 to disable"),

> So, isn't it already done?

Heh, you're right.  I added it to the example configuration on the web
page.

> Some follow-up notes: I'm looking at http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/ to
> start doing some "self healing" for the server.  Right now, I have a cron
> job that just does a "service httpd graceful" every 15 minutes.  But, at
> least once a day, it seems that I have to force kill all of the httpd
> processes and do a restart.  I'm not asking for anything at this time--just
> thought you might be interested in the things I'm doing.

I'll trade you for this "machine check exception" I'm getting every week
or so, nothing to do with peruser fortunately (or unfortunately, since I
could probably fix THAT).  It's better now that I figured out I could
set /proc/sys/kernel/panic so the machine reboots automatically...

Great, now a user says two of my replies were empty.  Let's see if this
works...