[peruser] performance

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Tue Mar 22 21:13:23 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 04:16 +0100, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> I did some benchmarking using 10 name based virtual hosts and a simple static
> start page using ab. I get an average 3 seconds delay on the first access to
> each host. In the worst cases I get roughly 15 seconds. I ran the tests
> several times. Name resolution is OK so it can't be that.

Haven't quite nailed down this one... I've never had any noticeable
delay on my server.  If you can mail me your httpd.conf I can try to
replicate your configuration and see if I can reproduce the behavior.

> Also I get segfaults if I use this (the /home/* part)
>
> Processor user group /home/user
> ServerEnvironment user group /home/user

Do you have a working unix environment set up inside that directory?
Apache might be trying to access a file/library after the choot() and
failing.