[peruser] Partially working

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Fri Mar 4 18:13:49 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 15:39, Olivier Calle wrote:
> I've updated to -r8 and things are a little better.  It may have been that
> the 0.0.0.0 problem I saw might have been related to my httpd.conf having
> a "Listen 80" directive instead of being more specific.  I've got one
> system limping along, but it still acts strangely.  If I could help track
> down the strangeness, then I'll move on to trying a different server
> configuration that doesn't seem to work at all.

This is good info, hopefully I can fix the 0.0.0.0 issue in the code now
that I know it has to do with the Listen directive.

> This system has only one IP Address, and works OK but spawns almost no
> processes at startup (one root process, one apache process).
> I access the first virtual host and it spawns some processes and responds
> quickly, but when I access the second virtual host, it hangs for maybe 14
> seconds and the spawns the processes for it.

It's supposed to spawn processes on demand like that... but it's not
supposed to take that long to do it :(  I've had one other report of
that kind of behavior.  At this point all I know is it doesn't happen on
my setup, so I suspect I happen to have something configured in a way
that masks the problem (like the Listen thing).

> BTW, my other config that seems to have more problems has multiple IP
> addresses serving different virtual hosts and one namevirtualhost on one
> of the ip addresses.

I'll see if I can reproduce that on my test machine.

> Let me know what I can do to help debug,

This will help a ton, thanks!