[peruser] Partially working

Olivier Calle olivier at calle.org
Fri Mar 4 15:39:22 MST 2005

Hi,

I've updated to -r8 and things are a little better.  It may have been that
the 0.0.0.0 problem I saw might have been related to my httpd.conf having
a "Listen 80" directive instead of being more specific.  I've got one
system limping along, but it still acts strangely.  If I could help track
down the strangeness, then I'll move on to trying a different server
configuration that doesn't seem to work at all.

This system has only one IP Address, and works OK but spawns almost no
processes at startup (one root process, one apache process).
I access the first virtual host and it spawns some processes and responds
quickly, but when I access the second virtual host, it hangs for maybe 14
seconds and the spawns the processes for it.
Config is basically like this:

KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15

<IfModule peruser.c>
     MinSpareServers      5
     MaxClients         100
     MaxProcessors       10
     MaxRequestsPerChild 99

     Multiplexer apache apache

     Processor olivier blah
     Processor nobody nobody
</IfModule>

Listen 10.0.0.1:80

LoadModule ...

User apache
Group apache

ServerName hostname.blah
UseCanonicalName Off

HostnameLookups Off

NameVirtualHost hostname.blah:80

<VirtualHost hostname.blah:80>
   ServerName hostname.blah

   DocumentRoot "/blah"
   <Directory "/blah">
   </Directory>

   <IfModule peruser.c>
     ServerEnvironment nobody nobody
   </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost hostname.blah:80>
   ServerName hostname2.blah

   DocumentRoot "/blah2"
   <Directory "/blah2">
   </Directory>

   <IfModule peruser.c>
     ServerEnvironment olivier blah
   </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost hostname.blah:80>
   ServerName hostname3.blah

   DocumentRoot "/blah3"
   <Directory "/blah3">
   </Directory>

   <IfModule peruser.c>
     ServerEnvironment nobody nobody
   </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

BTW, my other config that seems to have more problems has multiple IP
addresses serving different virtual hosts and one namevirtualhost on one
of the ip addresses.

Let me know what I can do to help debug,

--
Olivier Calle
<olivier at calle.org>