[peruser] Tip for using MySQL with PHP

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Sat Jul 16 08:34:35 MDT 2005

Blaubaer wrote at 12:13 PM (+0200) on 7/16/05:

>But when we use chroot with peruser, we have no access on this file. We can
>type 127.0.0.1 or the original server ip, but its not a nice work.
[...]
>        if (strcmp(host,"localhost")==0)
>            host="127.0.0.1";

What is the difference here, then?  If I understand correctly, you are
just hiding yourself from having to type "127.0.0.1" in mysql_connect()
instead of "localhost".  So this is a purely cosmetic difference; why
would you patch mysql just to achieve that?

-ben

--
Ben Kennedy, chief magician
zygoat creative technical services