[peruser] Permission denied: mod_rewrite

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Tue Jul 12 12:34:03 MDT 2005

> it seems RewriteLogLevel 0 isnt enough
>
> i commented out the following in mod_rewrite.c, and mod_rewrite still
> seems to work

I think the trick is to comment out the "RewriteLog" directive from your
configs.  If you specify a rewrite log at all, it tries to create the
lock, even with a log level of 0 :P  Anyway that should be a better
solution than commenting out the code :)

It sure is a pain trying to debug mod_rewrite problems without the log
though... you might try figuring out where it's trying to write the lock
file and making sure the user can write to it...