[peruser] Permission denied: mod_rewrite

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Tue Jul 12 12:31:03 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 20:26 +0200, Karsten Schmidt wrote:
> Its just a test box, nothing else than the standard apache is installed,
> and if i compile it without the peruser mpm i dont have the 1 second delay
>
> i think its just the process starting that takes the time, i dont think
> anyone will notice the slight delay, but ill setup a few testsites and
> see if anyone notices :)

Yeah, it probably is just the process startup time.  That's why vanilla
apache starts up a bunch of processes right off the bat :)  But with
peruser, even one process per ServerEnvironment can really add up if you
have a lot of sites.  But there's no reason I can't make it configurable
at some point, for people who need it.

Let me know if you have any other problems running it on FreeBSD, I'm
very excited that it's working at all on a non-linux system, since
that's all I've ever tried it on :)