[peruser] Permission denied: mod_rewrite

Sean Gabriel Heacock gabriel at telana.com
Tue Jul 12 12:15:13 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 20:09 +0200, Leen Besselink wrote:
> What could also be the problem is that peruser might use more getuid,
> getgid calls and Karsten Schmidt uses NFS- or database (SQL/LDAP)-
> backed PAM or similair ?
>
> Other reasons for slow apache startup could be DNS (if you also manage
> it's caching DNS-server you might wanna look in the logs, if it's more
> then normal or slow/whatever).

That's a good point, I use pam_mysql/nss_mysql.  Linux has nscd to cache
pwent lookups, and dns too.  If FreeBSD has that, or something similiar,
it might be worth a shot.

(I actually have to run two instances of nscd, the normal one and
another that's chrooted into the chroot jail my users share.  It's a
hack but it works ;)